Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Week 9 # 23 Copyright and Creative Commons

Excellent video”Fair(y) Use Tale” that gives the history of copyright. I will use this video with 8th graders to introduce plagiarism. “Creative Commons” explains free copyrights license. I will explore more this resource to learn more about "free copyright licenses" and options to share, reuse.
This has been an incredible learning experience. I have learned how to blog. I have created a wiki :Welcome to the Renaissance and posted it in library webpage. I used PCWorks to create it. I will create wikis on the Civil War and Ancient Rome based on Joyce Valenza's website. I organized my booksmarks using del.iciou.us and will create a link in my blog. I will continue to explore Library Things, World EBook and LibriVox and share this wonderful resources with staff.
I would be very interested in participating in another discovery program.
Web 2.0 provided excellent resources to fully comprehend and embrace digital learning aids aligned with current student population to support student learning. It also gave me the opportunity to collaborate with my fellow teacher librarians in doing "23 Things and Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0"

No comments: